E911 Legal Disclaimer
E911 Because Your Safety Is Important
Enhanced 911 (E911) service delivers address-specific (versus phone number-only) call-back information to public service answering points (PSAPs) whenever someone makes an emergency call. This enables emergency personnel to be dispatched to the scene even if the caller is unable to speak or if the call is suddenly disconnected.
Viking Broadband, Inc.’s E911 service – SUBJECT TO THE LIMITATIONS DESCRIBED BELOW – automatically routes emergency calls to dispatch operators at local PSAPs.
The FCC Mandate
On June 3rd 2005, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) mandated that all Internet phone service providers interconnected to the public switched telephone network offer E911 as a standard element of their residential and business offerings.
The FCC has also required Internet phone service providers to inform subscribers that, under certain circumstances, when 911 is dialed from a phone connected to an Internet phone service, E911 service may not be available, or the E911 service may be in some way be limited by
comparison to traditional E911 service.
These circumstances include:
1. When the location of your Viking Broadband, Inc. ATA device is at a physical address other the one you listed when you activated your account.
2. When a subscriber’s broadband phone device fails or is not configured properly.
3. When there is an electrical power outage, service outage or suspension/disconnection of Viking Broadband, Inc. service due to billing or other issues.
4. When there is a delay in the provision of Viking Broadband, Inc. service (“dial tone”) at the physical address provided at the time of account activation.
5. When a change of address has been reported, but not yet been updated on the Viking Broadband, Inc. account.
6. When the local PSAP receiving Viking Broadband, Inc. E911 emergency service calls does not have a system configured for E911 services that enables the operator to capture and/or retain automatic number or location information.
7. When due to technical factors in network design and/or in the event of network congestion on the Viking Broadband, Inc. network, a Viking Broadband, Inc. E911 call may produce a busy signal or experience unexpected answering wait times and/or take longer to answer than 911
calls placed via traditional telephone networks.
Viking Broadband, Inc. is committed to meeting the demands of our subscribers for E911 as well as the FCC’s requirements with the same diligence and seriousness with which we have always approached this important telecommunications issue.
Please see our terms of service for additional information on our E911 dialing.